Click the post for details on this episode!
I’m excited for today’s exclusive set from Los Angeles DJ/Producer, Ken Hankins aka JOY. Forward thinking, dynamic, precedent setting, all express JOY’s talent as a DJ. JOY unfailingly stands for quality over quantity, focusing on the substance, which is why he has a remarkable forté for selecting exceptional music. JOY’s DJ sets intelligently rock clubs and underground party scenes in the USA. He spins a progressive fusion of tech-house, Detroit techno, and house over percussive tribal rhythms.
JOY has recently toured the US extensively, having played shows in Boston, NYC, and Philadelphia. In addition to playing regularly at Avalon’s Honey Lounge, JOY also hosts a popular semi-regular underground techno party in Los Angeles called Japanese soundtrack, and is becoming well known in the Burning Man scene – this year he is playing on the Disorient Stage. Additionally, JOY hosts a weekly radio show called West Coast Sessions on Germany’s CueBase.FM from 8pm-10pm every Wednesday.
Also an interesting JOY factoid: D:FUSE’s PSYCHOTRANCE 2000 [Moonshine] sold over 50,000 copies – this CD starts of with “ANDROMEDA” by Justin O’Brien & JOY… “ANDROMEDA” was reviewed by Paul Oakenfold as “America’s finest progressive” in MINISTRY MAG circa 2000.
JOY’s Track List:
01) Paul Loraine – Let’s Go Outside (Faded Copy Remix)
02) Okain – Blackrock
03) Sam Bell – One Way Ticket
04) Matthew Decay & Lee Burridge – Wongel (Leland McWilliams Version 2)
05) Toby Tobias – Schoon (Dave Ellesmere Remix)
06) Franck Roger – Egotrippin
07) Marius Laurentiu & Andrea Bigi – Wnite Shoes
08) NiCe7 – Point
09) Tube & Berger – Fog Head (Louis Osbourne & Jaime Anderson Remix)
10) Radio Slave – Let It Rain
11) Leland McWilliams & Monique Musique – The Heat (Tim Green Remix)
12) Okain – Where is Monday